Illamasqua Imperfection Spring 2013

Hey Everyone!
I was reading up on some new beauty launches and was really blown away by Illmasqua's Spring 2013 collection. I love the little meaningful pun of the name and the really unique items that are being released in selection. First off, when I first read about this collection on several beauty blogs I thought the name was " Imperfection". It wasn't until I wanted to write this blog post when I noticed on the official website that the collection could also be called "I'm Perfection". I'm just so in love with how empowering this little play on words is to women, teaching them to love themselves for the way they are. 

So this collection features 5 limited edition Speckled Nail Varnishes, 3 Powder Blusher Duos, a Blush Brush, a bright pink lipstick, a liquid eyeliner and a green (yes, I said green) lipgloss.

Remember to leave a comment down below how you think of this collection!
Speckled Nail Varnish ($23.02, 0.5 oz) (PPO $46.04)
Compare this to OPI ($8.50, 0.5oz) (PPO $17.00)
The pastel coloured speckled nail polish seems to be all the rage for the Spring 2013 season. I've been seeing similar polishes from Deborah Lippman, Hard Candy and my personal favourite Etude House. 
  • Freckle
  • Fragile
  • Mottle 
  • Scarce
  • Speckle
Illamasqua Speckled Nail Varnish

Etude House Sweet Recipe Nail Polish
 Intense Lipgloss ($22.22, 0.2oz) (PPO $111.10)
Compare this to Nars Lip Gloss ($25.00, 0.28oz) (PPO $89.29)
and
MAC Pro Longwear Lipgloss ($19.50, 0.06oz) (PPO $325.00)
I really applaud Illamasqua in really stepping outside the "norm" and creating an opaque grass green lip gloss. From what I have seen in companies such as MAC, they attempt to come up with crazy coloured lipglosses but sheer them out the average consumers wouldn't be afraid to buy it. 

  • Shoot
Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Shoot

Powder Blusher Duo ($41.27, 0.14 oz) (PPO $294.78)

Compare this to Illamasqua Powder Blusher ($26.00, 0.14oz) (PPO $185.71)
  • Katie & Ambition
  • Lover & Hussy
  • Beg & Bronzerella

Katie & Ambition
Lover & Hussy
Beg & Bronzerlla
Lipstick ($25.40, 0.14oz) (PPO $181.43)
Compare this to MAC Lipstick ($15.00, 0.1oz) (PPO $150.00)
and 
NARS Lipstick ($26.00, 0.12oz) (PPO $216.67)
  • Immodest
Lipstick in Immodest
Percision Ink ($26.98, 0.06oz) (PPO $448.67)
Compare this to MAC Liquid Eyeliner ($15.50, 0.08oz) (PPO $220.24)
and
Lancome Artliner ($30.00, 0.04oz) (PPO $750.00)
  •  Abyss
Illamasqua Percision Ink in Abyss
Brush Up Brush ($45.24)
Brush Up Brush

1 comment:

  1. Hey beautiful :) I'm really loving the look of 'Immodest' and as a lover of matte lipsticks I will definitely be buying this from their collection. Not too sure what to make of the nail polish, I love a classic full on colour but could be a nice change for Spring.

    Thank you so much for sharing, I love Illamasqua.
    Lots of love ❤
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete